Job Title: Vice President, NAVEXEngage
Team: Online Training & Awareness Manager: Chief Technology Officer
Location: Portland, OR or Norcross, GA Status: Full Time, Exempt
As our Vice President of Training and Awareness, you will be lead the team responsible for producing best-in-class online training, code of conduct, and awareness products in a rapidly-growing and competitive market. Your work will be integral to support our goals for acquiring and retaining customers and will involve collaboration with sales, marketing, implementation and services. You will use your expertise in Global Ethics and Compliance training and awareness programs to deliver and enhance the most innovative suite of training and awareness offerings in our industry.
In This Role You Will Own:
Leadership & Strategy
- Leverage your understanding of learning styles and modalities to develop competitively-differentiated content that supports learner comprehension and retention
- Maintain the optimal set of titles and refresh rate to achieve profitable growth and retention targets
- Manage a whole-product view of training, awareness and code of content by collaborating with marketing, sales, services, and technical teams to ensure alignment on positioning, pricing, packaging, go-to-market, implementation, support and retention strategies
- Provide visionary executive leadership and strategic planning for the online training and awareness team consisting of writers, designers, artists, and project managers
- Determine team structure, accountability and organizational management for program delivery
- Manage the team to execute against team plans in alignment with company bookings, billings and customer renewal targets
- Communicate with customers, partners, thought leaders and other representatives from the ethics and compliance industry to identify trends that affect training and awareness needs
- Represent the organization at industry events to enhance the organization's industry profile
- Understand the competitive landscape and lead competitive strategy
- Serve as an industry thought leader through presentations, blog posts, and other public-facing mediums
- Ensure all solutions meet content, format and technical needs of US and global audiences
- Use your expertise to implement a strategy for change management and team coordination
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operations of your organization
- Adjust teams and operations to enhance quality and efficiency of products and client deliverables
- Work collaboratively with other executive managers to ensure seamless operations across the enterprise
- Work with CTO and CFO to prepare and manage a comprehensive budget
- Achieve revenue, profit, and other financial targets set for the business
- A University degree in an applicable field
- Background in instructional design or learning science
- 5+ years in the B-to-B training space with a track record of bringing products to market and successfully selling them in a competitive environment
- At least five years of experience managing a global E&C training program, either in house or through a provider
- Proven ability to manage a product line and achieve market success
- Understanding of course player technology and learning management system functionality
- Demonstrable P&L responsibility for a growing business
- Availability to travel as needed to support business growth and operations
- CCEP credentialed by the Society for Corporate Compliance and Ethics
- Six Sigma Certification for Process Improvement
Life at NAVEX Global:
In addition to changing the way people experience life at work and supporting organizations on their way to achieving their goals through our innovative products and services, we are committed to doing the right things right!
We believe gratitude and grace go hand in hand and that how we engage with and support each other should matter as much as the care we extend to our amazing clients. We also believe that we have the opportunity to influence the experience we have in the workplace and can make a difference through what we do and how we do it. Together we are strengthened by our organizational values and attributes, and energized by our potential. Your ability to serve others, uphold our code of conduct and workplace practices, and model our core values and attributes will be at the center of your success!
After successfully passing a background check, you can expect a fast paced, changing environment that includes frequent deadlines and the need to multi-task competing priorities each day. You can anticipate extensive use of a computer, (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint), phone, and high volumes of email. You should expect to consistently apply your strong English fluency when speaking with others, reading work related materials, and creating written correspondence.
Bottom line, our team believes you can experience incredible growth and have one of the most meaningful experiences in your career at NAVEX Global. We compete for the best talent, offer a competitive salary, and a great benefits package in addition to the excitement of joining a team on a mission to build a phenomenal company.
About NAVEX Global:
NAVEX Global’s comprehensive suite of ethics and compliance software, content and services helps organizations protect their people, reputation and bottom line. Trusted by 95 of the FORTUNE 100 and more than 12,500 clients, our solutions are informed by the largest ethics and compliance community in the world. For more information, visit www.navexglobal.com.
Diversity and Inclusion:
NAVEX Global strives to understand, value, and incorporate the differences each team member brings to our organization. We believe that diversity and inclusion are key drivers behind our core values, allowing us to continue to realize success. Our global customer standards require us to attract and retain the best talent and to find great talent, we must look across a variety of spectrums. We understand that differences in age, race, religion, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style, veteran’s status, and background strengthens not only our workplace culture, but our ability to connect with people around the world. Our team members have the right to expect a workplace in which the differences they bring are welcomed and valued each day. NAVEX Global is proud to celebrate the diversity of our team and champions an environment where authenticity and respect are at the forefront of how we engage with each other.
NAVEX Global hires people based upon job related qualifications regardless of race, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition, political affiliation or any other classification proscribed under applicable federal, state or local law. NAVEX Global encourages women, vets, minorities and those with disabilities to apply for any of our great opportunities. Your decision to self-identify through our application is one of several steps NAVEX Global uses to measure and advance diversity and inclusion within our workplace. (Please note your confidential information will be accessible only by appropriate members of NAVEX Global’s Human Resources Team.)
Request for Accommodation:
If you are interested in applying for an opportunity with our team and would like assistance or an accommodation to use our application, we want to help! Please let us know the nature or your request by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (800) 230-1421 and request to speak with a member of our Recruiting Team.