Job Title: UX Researcher
VP, Product Engineering
Full Time, Exempt
As a UX Researcher, you will work with a team of passionate and driven UX designers, developers and product owners to shape the whole NAVEX suite of products and revolutionize the user experience of enterprise governance, risk and compliance services.
As a UX Researcher you will be primarily responsible for designing, conducting, analyzing, and reporting on user-centered design research and usability testing for the company product suite, including identification of user needs and goals, task and workflow modeling, ethnography and persona development as well as rapid iterative usability testing, and more formal, in-depth testing. A successful User Experience Researcher must be able to work with minimal supervision on multiple concurrent projects.
In This Role You Will Often:
- Check in frequently with product engineering teams to identify user experience needs. Do new prototypes need to be user tested. Does existing user experiences need additional feedback.
- Work with UI/UX designers and front-end developers to test proposed look & feel initiatives
- Create user test plans for user test needs.
- Coordinate, conduct and moderate user testing. Group test drives may need to be scheduled or coordinated with existing group meetings. Moderated 1 on 1 tests will need to be setup which includes defining tasks and questions. Creating test prospects lists. Scheduling and moderating 1 on 1 tests. Unmoderated user tests using online user test providers like usertesting.com or applause will need tests to be setup and tasks to be defined. Online user test runs will need to be coordinated and run.
- Gather and correlate user testing feedback. This includes gathering and coordinating user feedback from all user testing including group test drives, moderated and unmoderated user tests.
- Present results based on the processed feedback. Find data trends in feedback. Produce an objective result based on the data from the gathered feedback. Find ways to measure objectively through heuristic/qualitative data that is traditionally viewed as subjective.
- Research and evangelize better, more effective testing techniques.
- Serve as a member of a team that acts as a 'repository' of research-based usability knowledge.
- Must be collaborative, self motivated, love what you do!
This Job Might Be For You If You Have:
- 5+ years of experience as a UX experience researcher, usability lab manager, usability specialist, or equivalent UX role.
- Experience in user research and user testing methodologies.
- Experience in conducting usability testing or user research.
- Experience with usability testing hardware and software, including AV equipment.
- Experience with leading client meetings and user research sessions.
- Must be able to perform data analysis to find facts within large amounts of unstructured test data.
- Familiar with usability testing, diary studies, focus groups and surveys.
- Experience with best practices for information architecture and interaction design, the user-centered design process, and UX principles and techniques
- Experience in working with teams in a Agile software development process.
- Experience in working across a creative team of researchers, designers, developers, and data analysts.
- Possession of excellent organizational, interpersonal and analytical skills, including multi-tasking on multiple projects at a time.
Life at NAVEX:
In addition to changing the way people experience life at work and supporting organizations on their way to achieving their goals through our innovative products and services, we are committed to doing the right things right!
We believe gratitude and grace go hand in hand and that how we engage with and support each other should matter as much as the care we extend to our amazing clients. We also believe that we have the opportunity to influence the experience we have in the workplace and can make a difference through what we do and how we do it. Together we are strengthened by our organizational values and attributes, and energized by our potential. Your ability to serve others, uphold our code of conduct and workplace practices, and model our core values and attributes will be at the center of your success!
After successfully passing a background check, you can expect a fast paced, changing environment that includes frequent deadlines and the need to multi-task competing priorities each day. You can anticipate extensive use of a computer, (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint), phone, and high volumes of email. You should expect to consistently apply your strong English fluency when speaking with others, reading work related materials, and creating written correspondence.
Bottom line, our team believes you can experience incredible growth and have one of the most meaningful experiences in your career at NAVEX Global. We compete for the best talent, offer a competitive salary, and a great benefits package in addition to the excitement of joining a team on a mission to build a phenomenal company.
About NAVEX Global:
NAVEX Global’s comprehensive suite of ethics and compliance software, content and services helps organizations protect their people, reputation and bottom line. Trusted by 95 of the FORTUNE 100 and more than 12,500 clients, our solutions are informed by the largest ethics and compliance community in the world. For more information, visit www.navexglobal.com.
NAVEX Global is an equal opportunity employer, employing qualified individuals based upon job related qualifications regardless of race, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition, political affiliation or any other classification proscribed under applicable federal, state or local law. NAVEX Global complies with all laws regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled candidates and employees. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the interview process are requested to contact Human Resources in order to arrange such accommodation. We offer competitive compensation and an attractive benefits package. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract.
NAVEX Global values diversity and encourages women, vets, minorities and those with disabilities to apply. For this reason, we invite you to self-identify below. Know the information you choose to disclose is confidential and minted by the Human Resources Team for reporting purposes only; the hiring manager for your position does not have access to this information.
Thank you for your consideration to self-identify.