It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
As our System Engineer, you will own the infrastructure and servers that host our SaaS products that support thousands of companies worldwide. This person will be working as part of a small, dedicated, hands-on team of system professionals to ensure a positive experience for our clients while making strong technical business decisions as part of a larger team.
Our environment is fast paced and requires an outstanding commitment to customer service, a thirst to learn anything and everything possible about technology, and desire to make a difference. NAVEX Global is one of Oregon’s fastest growing companies supporting clients around the world; we believe great things are waiting for you on our team!
We Offer You:
- An organization that is secure, growing and thriving with a reputation that we are proud to say is absolutely second to none
- A workplace experience that is based on our determination to retain you each day and enables you to learn, grow and develop your career, and people dedicated to your success at every level
- Competitive pay with benefits that matter, including the time and flexibility to balance the multiple roles you play in life
What You Will Do:
- Deploy and manage Windows and/or Linux servers.
- Build, support and troubleshoot IIS, Tomcat, or Apache webservers
- Automate the deployment of servers and applications
- Deploy code
- Provide application support for our SaaS products
- Patch management
- Monitoring and log review
- Manage system backups
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. IT Certification desired
- 4 – 5 years of web server experience
- Experience hosting a SaaS application
- 2 – 3 years VMware experience with administration, configuration, performance tuning, and troubleshooting
- Hands-on experience with Windows and/or Linux operating systems including troubleshooting all aspects of the server Operating environment
- Basic understanding of LAN/WAN network architecture, TCP/IP, protocols, and best practices
- Experience working with tight deadlines and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to learn new systems and technologies quickly
- Ability to coordinate projects and work assignments with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated with outstanding organization and attention to detail
Experience with any of the following technologies:
- Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008, 2012, or 2016, Linux (Red Hat, Centos)
- Hypervisor: VMware
- Configuration Management: Puppet, Puppet Enterprise
- Monitoring and Logging: Nagios, Check_MK, ElasticSearch, Logstash
- Web Servers:-IIS, Apache/Tomcat
- Single Sign-On: ADFS, SAML
- Networking: Firewalls, routing, switching, VLANs
- Load Balancers: F5, Citrix, Apache
- Version Control: GitLab, Git, Subversion
- OS Deployment: VMWare Orchestrator, Puppet Razor
- Enterprise Storage Protocols: CIFS, NFS, iSCSI, FC
- Scripting: Python, Bash, Ruby, Powershell
Life at NAVEX:
In addition to changing the way people experience life at work and supporting organizations on their way to achieving their goals through our innovative products and services, we are committed to doing the right things right!
We believe gratitude and grace go hand in hand and that how we engage with and support each other should matter as much as the care we extend to our amazing clients. We also believe that we have the opportunity to influence the experience we have in the workplace and can make a difference through what we do and how we do it. Together we are strengthened by our organizational values and attributes, and energized by our potential. Your ability to serve others, uphold our code of conduct and workplace practices, and model our core values and attributes will be at the center of your success!
After successfully passing a background check, you can expect a fast paced, changing environment that includes frequent deadlines and the need to multi-task competing priorities each day. You can anticipate extensive use of a computer, (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint), phone, and high volumes of email. You should expect to consistently apply your strong English fluency when speaking with others, reading work related materials, and creating written correspondence.
Bottom line, our team believes you can experience incredible growth and have one of the most meaningful experiences in your career at NAVEX Global. We compete for the best talent, offer a competitive salary, and a great benefits package in addition to the excitement of joining a team on a mission to build a phenomenal company.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!