Job Title: System Engineer
Lake Oswego, OR/Charlotte, NC or Rexburg, ID
Manager, Hosted Operations
Full Time, Exempt
As our System Engineer, you will own the infrastructure and servers that host our SaaS products that support thousands of companies worldwide. This person will be working as part of a small, dedicated, hands-on team of system professionals to ensure a positive experience for our clients while making strong technical business decisions as part of a larger team.
Our environment is fast paced and requires an outstanding commitment to customer service, a thirst to learn anything and everything possible about technology, and desire to make a difference. NAVEX Global is one of Oregon’s fastest growing companies supporting clients around the world; we believe great things are waiting for you on our team!
In This Role You Will Often:
- Deploy and manage Windows and/or Linux servers.
- Build, support and troubleshoot IIS, Tomcat, or Apache webservers
- Automate the deployment of servers and applications
- Deploy code
- Provide application support for our SaaS products
- Patch management
- Monitoring and log review
- Manage system backups
This Job Might Be For You If You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. IT Certification desired
- 4 – 5 years of web server experience
- Experience hosting a SaaS application
- 2 – 3 years VMware experience with administration, configuration, performance tuning, and troubleshooting
- Hands-on experience with Windows and/or Linux operating systems including troubleshooting all aspects of the server Operating environment
- Basic understanding of LAN/WAN network architecture, TCP/IP, protocols, and best practices
- Experience working with tight deadlines and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to learn new systems and technologies quickly
- Ability to coordinate projects and work assignments with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated with outstanding organization and attention to detail
Experience with any of the following technologies:
- Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008, 2012, or 2016, Linux (Red Hat, Centos)
- Hypervisor: VMware
- Configuration Management: Puppet, Puppet Enterprise
- Monitoring and Logging: Nagios, Check_MK, ElasticSearch, Logstash
- Web Servers:-IIS, Apache/Tomcat
- Single Sign-On: ADFS, SAML
- Networking: Firewalls, routing, switching, VLANs
- Load Balancers: F5, Citrix, Apache
- Version Control: GitLab, Git, Subversion
- OS Deployment: VMWare Orchestrator, Puppet Razor
- Enterprise Storage Protocols: CIFS, NFS, iSCSI, FC
- Scripting: Python, Bash, Ruby, Powershell
Life at NAVEX:
In addition to changing the way people experience life at work and supporting organizations on their way to achieving their goals through our innovative products and services, we are committed to doing the right things right!
We believe gratitude and grace go hand in hand and that how we engage with and support each other should matter as much as the care we extend to our amazing clients. We also believe that we have the opportunity to influence the experience we have in the workplace and can make a difference through what we do and how we do it. Together we are strengthened by our organizational values and attributes, and energized by our potential. Your ability to serve others, uphold our code of conduct and workplace practices, and model our core values and attributes will be at the center of your success!
After successfully passing a background check, you can expect a fast paced, changing environment that includes frequent deadlines and the need to multi-task competing priorities each day. You can anticipate extensive use of a computer, (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint), phone, and high volumes of email. You should expect to consistently apply your strong English fluency when speaking with others, reading work related materials, and creating written correspondence.
Bottom line, our team believes you can experience incredible growth and have one of the most meaningful experiences in your career at NAVEX Global. We compete for the best talent, offer a competitive salary, and a great benefits package in addition to the excitement of joining a team on a mission to build a phenomenal company.
About NAVEX Global:
NAVEX Global’s comprehensive suite of ethics and compliance software, content and services helps organizations protect their people, reputation and bottom line. Trusted by 95 of the FORTUNE 100 and more than 12,500 clients, our solutions are informed by the largest ethics and compliance community in the world. For more information, visit www.navexglobal.com.
NAVEX Global is an equal opportunity employer, employing qualified individuals based upon job related qualifications regardless of race, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition, political affiliation or any other classification proscribed under applicable federal, state or local law. NAVEX Global complies with all laws regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled candidates and employees. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the interview process are requested to contact Human Resources in order to arrange such accommodation. We offer competitive compensation and an attractive benefits package. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract.
NAVEX Global values diversity and encourages women, vets, minorities and those with disabilities to apply. For this reason, we invite you to self-identify below. Know the information you choose to disclose is confidential and minted by the Human Resources Team for reporting purposes only; the hiring manager for your position does not have access to this information.
Thank you for your consideration to self-identify.