Job Title: Service Desk Technician
Lake Oswego, OR
Service Desk Supervisor
Full Time, Exempt
As our Service Desk Technician, you will use IT resources to solve business needs with technology solutions and work with end-users and other team members to troubleshoot, investigate, and resolve issues with computer hardware and software. You will also assist all employees in the efficient use of various programs, reporting and other technology tools to meet defined business objectives.
In This Role You Will Often:
- Build, deliver and set up support client workstations, using SCCM and Kace for package management and image deployment.
- Install and support software products by Microsoft, Adobe, Salesforce and other vendors, including the Microsoft Office suite of applications. These programs include but are not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Project, Publisher, Visio, Internet Explorer, and Acrobat. Troubleshoot and resolve problems with these applications for end-users.
- Manage group policies and active directory.
- Field tickets from multiple sites located across the US and UK, remotely troubleshooting their issues before passing on to Tier II.
- Purchasing and ordering equipment from various vendors, establishing hardware guidelines.
- Install and support various programs authored by the in-house Product Engineering team.
- Assist System and telecom Administrators, Product Engineers and other technicians in resolving end-user problems with programs, hardware, and other equipment, and network connectivity.
- Support field personnel with mobile computing needs, including laptops, iPhone, Android, Web-Mail, VPN access, and other company-issued hardware.
- Install software applications and hardware required by end-users, based upon departmental and/or individual requirements. Set up client PC’s with the standard NAVEX Global Contact Center image where required.
- Relocate users as required, when they are assigned to a new cubicle or office areas. This includes breaking down, transporting and setting up technology equipment such as computers, monitors, keyboards, mice, printers, power supplies, and network equipment, then checking network connectivity and complete, satisfactory operational status of the users in their new areas
- Document activities in progress via weekly status reports, incident reports/logs, etc.
- Participate in the formulation of desktop management procedures and policies.
- Assist with special projects and other company efforts. Participate in appropriate meetings, seminars and training sessions.
- Participate in an occasional on-call rotation
- Opportunity for career development
This Job Might Be For You If You Have:
- An associate degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 0-1 year experience in a Technical support role.
- Experience solving problems in a proactive manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a commitment to collaborate with people.
- Experience engaging with people across a variety of levels with diverse backgrounds.
- A commitment to do the right things right.
- A passion for learning.
Life at NAVEX:
In addition to changing the way people experience life at work and supporting organizations on their way to achieving their goals through our innovative products and services, we are committed to doing the right things right!
We believe gratitude and grace go hand in hand and that how we engage with and support each other should matter as much as the care we extend to our amazing clients. We also believe that we have the opportunity to influence the experience we have in the workplace and can make a difference through what we do and how we do it. Together we are strengthened by our organizational values and attributes, and energized by our potential. Your ability to serve others, uphold our code of conduct and workplace practices, and model our core values and attributes will be at the center of your success!
After successfully passing a background check, you can expect a fast paced, changing environment that includes frequent deadlines and the need to multi-task competing priorities each day. You can anticipate extensive use of a computer, (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint), phone, and high volumes of email. You should expect to consistently apply your strong English fluency when speaking with others, reading work related materials, and creating written correspondence.
Bottom line, our team believes you can experience incredible growth and have one of the most meaningful experiences in your career at NAVEX Global. We compete for the best talent, offer a competitive salary, and a great benefits package in addition to the excitement of joining a team on a mission to build a phenomenal company.
About NAVEX Global:
NAVEX Global’s comprehensive suite of ethics and compliance software, content and services helps organizations protect their people, reputation and bottom line. Trusted by 95 of the FORTUNE 100 and more than 12,500 clients, our solutions are informed by the largest ethics and compliance community in the world. For more information, visit www.navexglobal.com.
Diversity and Inclusion:
NAVEX Global strives to understand, value, and incorporate the differences each team member brings to our organization. We believe that diversity and inclusion are key drivers behind our core values, allowing us to continue to realize success. Our global customer standards require us to attract and retain the best talent and to find great talent, we must look across a variety of spectrums. We understand that differences in age, race, religion, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style, veteran’s status, and background strengthens not only our workplace culture, but our ability to connect with people around the world. Our team members have the right to expect a workplace in which the differences they bring are welcomed and valued each day. NAVEX Global is proud to celebrate the diversity of our team and champions an environment where authenticity and respect are at the forefront of how we engage with each other.
NAVEX Global hires people based upon job related qualifications regardless of race, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition, political affiliation or any other classification proscribed under applicable federal, state or local law. NAVEX Global encourages women, vets, minorities and those with disabilities to apply for any of our great opportunities. Your decision to self-identify through our application is one of several steps NAVEX Global uses to measure and advance diversity and inclusion within our workplace. (Please note your confidential information will be accessible only by appropriate members of NAVEX Global’s Human Resources Team.)
Request for Accommodation:
If you are interested in applying for an opportunity with our team and would like assistance or an accommodation to use our application, we want to help! Please let us know the nature or your request by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (800) 230-1421 and request to speak with a member of our Recruiting Team.