Job Title: Senior Manager, Solutions Engineers
Sales – Leadership & Operations
Lake Oswego, OR
VP – Sales Operations
Full Time, Exempt
As the Senior Manager of Solutions Engineers, you are responsible for ensuring high quality engagement activity with our customers and prospects while supporting the Sales methodology. In this role, you will coach, motivate, monitor and manage Solutions Engineers to achieve operational excellence and revenue goals. The Director’s broad knowledge of company process, SE leadership, communication with and reporting to Senior Leadership, and positioning the voice of the customer in assisting creation of the overall product roadmap, are critical to the continued growth and success of the SE team members and overall organizational achievement.
This role requires deep understanding of NAVEX Global products and services with an ability to determine complex scope across multiple product lines to support the sale and delivery of our products and services to new and existing clients. The Director is responsible for professional growth and development of SE resources and for the quality and efficacy of SE engagements globally.
In This Role You Will Often:
- Oversee the Solutions Engineer (SE) team, methodology and processes to ensure time, scope, cost and quality are in alignment.
- Onboard, coach, train and foster growth of SE resources on core competencies with a deep understanding of product, services, and inspirational technical demos.
- Promote and support NAVEX Global’s Sales methodology, best practices, and core values with a focus on continuous improvement and high results achievement.
- Advise, coach, and partner with cross-functional teams on project delivery, solution development and deployment, and revenue generation techniques, as needed.
- Drive improvements to current offerings and methodologies and develop additional SE programs aligned with a focus on profitability and repeatability, as needed.
- Improve processes, procedures, reporting, metrics, and overall knowledgebase within SE team with a focus on increasing quality, efficiency, utilization rate, and accommodating scalability.
- Work collaboratively with sales, sales operations, engineering, product, marketing, services, support, and business development to drive product offerings, opportunities, positioning, and excellence.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other team/departmental leaders to create and support companywide change initiatives.
- Interact with customers using negotiation skills and issue resolution techniques.
- Allocate resources and assignments based on internal skills matrix and business requirements.
- Achieve consistent and timely reporting of all key success metrics for SE.
- Support the Vice President of Sales Operations, as required.
- Travel required as needed.
Leading and Developing People:
- Lead and continue to build diverse and highly functional teams and team leaders across NAVEX Global.
- Provide clear individual and team goals that ensures each team member understands their role in the success of NAVEX Global; make changes when necessary and proactively addresses performance issues.
- Coach and inspire staff with the goal of ongoing individual improvement and retention.
This Job Might Be For You If You Have:
- A bachelor’s degree with 5+ years experience in a Solutions Engineering role for cloud-based software application deployments preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communications skills, including the ability to facilitate client conversations and presentations at all levels of the organization.
- Experience with resource training and professional development of Solutions Engineers.
- The ability to adapt management style to motivate and facilitate the success of each employee.
- The ability to learn and assimilate new information quickly.
- A general understanding of website functionality and related technologies.
- A high level of attention to detail, excellent follow through and reliability.
- The ability to work under tight deadlines and respond quickly to changing business and technical environments.
- Excellent business judgment in ambiguous situations through timely decisive action.
- Success in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
- Outstanding customer relations skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Professional applications (Windows 7, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and OneNote).
- Experience engaging with people across a variety of levels with diverse backgrounds.
Life at NAVEX:
In addition to changing the way people experience life at work and supporting organizations on their way to achieving their goals through our innovative products and services, we are committed to doing the right things right!
We believe gratitude and grace go hand in hand and that how we engage with and support each other should matter as much as the care we extend to our amazing clients. We also believe that we have the opportunity to influence the experience we have in the workplace and can make a difference through what we do and how we do it. Together we are strengthened by our organizational values and attributes, and energized by our potential. Your ability to serve others, uphold our code of conduct and workplace practices, and model our core values and attributes will be at the center of your success!
After successfully passing a background check, you can expect a fast paced, changing environment that includes frequent deadlines and the need to multi-task competing priorities each day. You can anticipate extensive use of a computer, (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint), phone, and high volumes of email. You should expect to consistently apply your strong English fluency when speaking with others, reading work related materials, and creating written correspondence.
About NAVEX Global:
NAVEX Global’s comprehensive suite of ethics and compliance software, content and services helps organizations protect their people, reputation and bottom line. Trusted by 95 of the FORTUNE 100 and more than 12,500 clients, our solutions are informed by the largest ethics and compliance community in the world. For more information, visit www.navexglobal.com.
Diversity and Inclusion:
NAVEX Global strives to understand, value, and incorporate the differences each team member brings to our organization. We believe that diversity and inclusion are key drivers behind our core values, allowing us to continue to realize success. Our global customer standards require us to attract and retain the best talent and to find great talent, we must look across a variety of spectrums. We understand that differences in age, race, religion, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style, veteran’s status, and background strengthens not only our workplace culture, but our ability to connect with people around the world. Our team members have the right to expect a workplace in which the differences they bring are welcomed and valued each day. NAVEX Global is proud to celebrate the diversity of our team and champions an environment where authenticity and respect are at the forefront of how we engage with each other.
NAVEX Global hires people based upon job related qualifications regardless of race, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition, political affiliation or any other classification proscribed under applicable federal, state or local law. NAVEX Global encourages women, vets, minorities and those with disabilities to apply for any of our great opportunities. Your decision to self-identify through our application is one of several steps NAVEX Global uses to measure and advance diversity and inclusion within our workplace. (Please note your confidential information will be accessible only by appropriate members of NAVEX Global’s Human Resources Team.)
Request for Accommodation:
If you are interested in applying for an opportunity with our team and would like assistance or an accommodation to use our application, we want to help! Please let us know the nature or your request by contacting us via email at email@example.com or by phone (800) 230-1421 and request to speak with a member of our Recruiting Team.