It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
As a key member of our Information Security department, you will participate in our vulnerability management process by managing customer PEN tests and performing internal infrastructure and application vulnerability scans. In addition, you will help customers realize the value of our GRC application suite. In partnership with our RFP specialist, sales, and legal functions, you will catalog and describe our technical capabilities and security controls we have in place in order to drive revenue and customer retention.
In This Role You Will Often:
- Complete requests for proposal and technical questionnaires from prospects and clients.
- Help maintain and refine a master database of technical responses.
- Help maintain technical policies and procedures used by Hosting, Product Engineering, and Internal Infrastructure.
- Participate in the implementation of technical policies and procedures.
- Participate in business continuity exercises.
- Assist in customer on-site and remote audits.
- Coordinate application and infrastructure penetration (PEN) tests.
- Participate and/or lead our vulnerability management process.
- Help prepare for and orchestrate operational and security assessments.
This Job Might Be For You If You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with an emphasis on information technology or computer science.
- 1-3 years of networking, systems support, software development, or information security.
- Existing or willingness to obtain security certifications (e.g. Security+, CISSP, CEH, etc.)
- Experience with any of the following tools: Rapid7 (InsightIDR, InsightVM, AppSpider Pro), BurpSuite Pro, Nmap
- Experience with technical writing for a SaaS environment.
- Experience with ISO 27001.
- Familiarity with creating and implementing technical and information security policies and procedures
- Strong presentation skills, project planning and scoping experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a commitment to collaborate with people.
- A commitment to do the right things right.
Life at NAVEX:
In addition to changing the way people experience life at work and supporting organizations on their way to achieving their goals through our innovative products and services, we are committed to doing the right things right!
We believe gratitude and grace go hand in hand and that how we engage with and support each other should matter as much as the care we extend to our amazing clients. We also believe that we have the opportunity to influence the experience we have in the workplace and can make a difference through what we do and how we do it. Together we are strengthened by our organizational values and attributes, and energized by our potential. Your ability to serve others, uphold our code of conduct and workplace practices, and model our core values and attributes will be at the center of your success!
After successfully passing a background check, you can expect a fast paced, changing environment that includes frequent deadlines and the need to multi-task competing priorities each day. You can anticipate extensive use of a computer, (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint), phone, and high volumes of email. You should expect to consistently apply your strong English fluency when speaking with others, reading work related materials, and creating written correspondence.
Bottom line, our team believes you can experience incredible growth and have one of the most meaningful experiences in your career at NAVEX Global. We compete for the best talent, offer a competitive salary, and a great benefits package in addition to the excitement of joining a team on a mission to build a phenomenal company.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!