It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
As one of our key technology leaders, you will provide engineering expertise in support of our application maintenance and support development. Reporting directly to our VP of Product Engineering and leading multiple teams comprising outstanding engineers across the globe.
You will provide exceptional customer service. Ability to apply an outside in customer focus style while providing operational management with a balanced approach to quality, risk, and cost, driving efficiency and effectiveness for the application maintenance & production issues.
As a Manager, Sustenance Engineering you will provide leadership on all aspects of the production support and maintenance activities for all product lines. This includes triaging, remediation development and releasing maintenance patches, processes, policies and procedures that maintain high-quality service levels. You will have staff globally to execute, and will work in collaboration with cross functional stakeholders from engineering, product management, hosting and customer success departments
We Offer You:
- An organization that is secure, growing and thriving with a reputation that we are proud to say is absolutely second to none
- A workplace experience that is based on our determination to retain you each day and enables you to learn, grow and develop your career, and people dedicated to your success at every level
- Competitive pay with benefits that matter, including the time and flexibility to balance the multiple roles you play in life
What You Will Do:
- Accountable for all aspects of production support and maintenance of Platform comprising multiple product lines
- Lead a group of talented engineers to provide day to day production support, issue resolution for Customer Success department escalations and InfoSec vulnerabilities
- Formulate and define scope and objectives for problem resolution and maintenance
- Partner with appropriate development managers, product managers, and customer success departments to prioritize issues and communicate issue status
- Maintain awareness of best practices and production trends, assess their potential impact on operational outcomes, and develop and execute plans to adapt
- Develop and refine appropriate scorecards, metrics, key performance indicators to assess performance and establish a cadence of publishing
- Drive continuous improvement by tracking inbound work requests / incidents and issue resolution across Platform and product lines to ensure timely reporting to identify any trends or opportunities for training, self-service or automationDevelop and direct procedures and methods to ensure quality standards are met and maintained
- Create and manage technical risk assessments for maintenance releases
Leading and Developing a High Performing Management Team:
- Supervise, assign, direct, and coordinate the work of the software development staff
- Maintain detailed plans for resources on current projects and be accountable for completion of software coding and testing within SLAs
- Hire, promote, and evaluate staff
- Maintains career development plans for development staff
- Provide clear individual and team goals that ensure each team member understands their role in the success of NAVEX Global; make changes when necessary and proactively address performance issues
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience working at a lead / management level of a development organization for at least 5 years.
- High context switching with an ability to adjust quickly to changes and re-prioritization
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA and Confluence or any other ticketing/documentation systems
- Experience in Agile SCRUM/Kanban software development methodology (Preferred)
- Hands on knowledge on development life cycle (SDLC) and have been a practitioner
- Experience documenting workflow processes using process-flow or activity diagrams
- A successful track record inspiring and developing multiple scrum teams.
- Experience with managing agile development teams and processes.
- Skilled with change management, process improvement and project management.
- Ability to build consensus among different groups with competing demands.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a commitment to collaborate with people.
- Experience engaging with people across a variety of levels with diverse backgrounds.
- Attract, recruit, motivate and retain talent to develop highly functional and results-oriented team that thrives under a collaborative leadership style
- Build a culture of trust, learning, development, accountability and teamwork resulting in a positive and professional employee experience.
NAVEX Global is an equal opportunity employer, including disability/vets.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!