It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
At NAVEX Global you will join our product engineering team that shares a passion for designing quality solutions, embracing new technologies and delivering powerful products that help our customers protect their reputation and bottom line.
As a liaison, you will provide technical guidance and oversight, as well as, facilitate and clarify communication with a new offshore team for the ongoing development of a business-critical application. In this role, you will have ample opportunity to explore new value-added product features, invest in product development and tool research, technically lead and mentor an offshore development team, and grow your career all while balancing your life priorities.
We Offer You:
- An organization that is secure, growing and thriving with a reputation that we are proud to say is absolutely second to none
- A workplace experience that is based on our determination to retain you each day and enables you to learn, grow and develop your career, and people dedicated to your success at every level
- Competitive pay with benefits that matter, including the time and flexibility to balance the multiple roles you play in life
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with offshore team members and onshore stakeholders over the design and development of cool new product features and enhancements.
- Promote opportunities for refactoring by examining patterns of system usage and identifying areas of optimization
- Provide technical oversight over feature development, ensure appropriate test coverage, and review and approve pull requests.
- Remove roadblocks and/or bottlenecks for the offshore team and resolve questions in real time.
- Help clarify stories that will be coming into future sprints.
- Work with the offshore team lead to help drive sprints to completion.
- Research and leverage commercial products, libraries and tools that can be used to meet business and technical requirements.
- Participate in elaboration and design sessions to understand requirements and translate business needs into technology solutions.
- Take advantage of extensive use of automation (continuous integration, automated deployments, automated unit and functional testing).
- Provide constructive and honest feedback during sprint retrospectives so we can continuously improve.
What You Will Need:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Enjoy working with remote teams across different cultures.
- Are flexible with a schedule that may require splitting the work day to connect with team members in India.
- Have spent 5+ years working as a full stack developer, desirably in a web based or multi-tier systems.
- Have an outstanding grasp of front-end development techniques and end user expectations.
- Understand and have experience with object-oriented programming concepts such as design patterns, encapsulation and inheritance, as well as, database design and software architecture.
- Are a motivated individual with the ability to learn and come up to speed on new technologies quickly.
- Excel at solving problems.
- Have experience in the following technologies:
- Microsoft .NET (C# and WebAPI on ASP.NET Core)
- Understands CQRS and middleware messaging tools like RabbitMQ.
- Have hands-on experience with the following:
- Deploying distributed applications including SPA, RESTful API, and various middleware services.
- GitHub best practices for team development involving feature branches, pull requests, release tags, etc.
- Integrating and utilizing 3rd party libraries and tools
- Agile software development practices, unit testing, continuous integration, etc.
- Debugging and troubleshooting applications with Visual Studio, SQL profiler, Chrome developer tools, etc.
Nice to Have:
- Webpack / SCSS / Bootstrap
- CI/CD: TeamCity / Octopus Deploy
- MongoDB with GridFS
- Unit and Integration Testing Frameworks
- Experience working with offshore teams in India
Life at NAVEX:
In addition to changing the way people experience life at work and supporting organizations on their way to achieving their goals through our innovative products and services, we are committed to doing the right things right!
We believe gratitude and grace go hand in hand and that how we engage with and support each other should matter as much as the care we extend to our amazing clients. We also believe that we have the opportunity to influence the experience we have in the workplace and can make a difference through what we do and how we do it. Together we are strengthened by our organizational values and attributes, and energized by our potential. Your ability to serve others, uphold our code of conduct and workplace practices, and model our core values and attributes will be at the center of your success!
After successfully passing a background check, you can expect a fast paced, changing environment that includes frequent deadlines and the need to multi-task competing priorities each day. You can anticipate extensive use of a computer, (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint), phone, and high volumes of email. You should expect to consistently apply your strong English fluency when speaking with others, reading work related materials, and creating written correspondence.
Bottom line, our team believes you can experience incredible growth and have one of the most meaningful experiences in your career at NAVEX Global. We compete for the best talent, offer a competitive salary, and a great benefits package in addition to the excitement of joining a team on a mission to build a phenomenal company.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!