It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
At NAVEX Global you will join our product engineering team that shares a passion for designing quality solutions, embracing new technologies and delivering powerful products that help our customers protect their reputation and bottom line.
As our Lead Software Engineer, you will provide technical guidance and oversight, as well as, facilitate and clarify communication with a new product engineering team for the ongoing development of a business-critical application. In this role, you will have ample opportunity to explore new value-added product features, invest in product development and tool research, technically lead and mentor a software development team, and grow your career all while balancing your life priorities.
We Offer You:
· An innovative organization that is secure, growing and thriving with a reputation that we are proud to say is absolutely second to none
· A workplace experience that is inclusive and based on our determination to retain you each day as well as enables you to learn, grow and develop your career, and people dedicated to your success at every level
· Competitive pay with benefits that matter, including the time and flexibility to balance the multiple roles you play in life
· A team oriented environment that thrives on innovation and mischief and time to innovate and geek out on projects you design in support of our products
· A chance to be part of something bigger through time to engage in your community
What You Will Do:
· Lead a team of engineers and be accountable for planning, delivery, operating procedures, design and architectural patterns, and on-time delivery while also being an individual contributor to the team
· Help team members grow through mentoring, coaching, 1:1s, performance appraisals, career progression plans and compensation decisions
· Participate in the innovative advancements of our product platform and collaborate with our awesome agile team members
· Promote opportunities for refactoring and identify areas of optimization
· Research and leverage commercial products, libraries and tools that can be used to solve problems
· Participate in design sessions with other engineers, architects and product managers, providing constructive and honest feedback during sprint retrospectives with a team mindset
· Use automation, including continuous integration, automated deployments, automated unit and functional testing
What You Will Need:
· A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or be good enough that we won’t notice through equivalent prior work related experience
· 6+ years software development experience and 2+ years people management experience focusing on career progression, performance appraisals and compensation planning for a cross functional team
· Deep expertise in full stack development, ideally in an Agile environment with SaaS and/or micro service-based system
· Experience with design principles such as SOLID/DRY design, Object-oriented design patterns, N-Tier software architecture, threading and synchronization, relational database design, etc.
· Experience working with or learning large proprietary frameworks and the ability to adapt to custom development environments
· Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills with the ability to identify and influence others on the best solution
· Ability to work well in a team environment and attitude to focus on team specific goals and objectives
NAVEX Global is an equal opportunity employer, including disability/vets.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!