It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
At NAVEX Global you will help create and lead our newest engineering team, completely focused on our NAVEX One platform data. Our product engineering team shares a passion for designing quality solutions, embracing new technologies and delivering powerful products that help our customers protect their reputation and bottom line.
As our Lead Software Engineer, Data you will provide technical guidance and oversight as we create a suite of platform data components. Your focus will be on quality implementation while leading and guiding the data engineers. We are looking for a candidate that is strong in both data engineering and people leadership. You will help facilitate and clarify communication with many engineering teams as our data platform ingests their content and provides application specific data sets. In this role, you will have ample opportunity to explore new value-added capabilities, invest in data development and tool research, technically lead and mentor a software development team and grow your career all while balancing your life priorities.
We Offer You:
· A collaborative, thriving organization with constant growth potential and strong brand recognition
· An inclusive work environment centered around personal growth, career development and mentors dedicated to your success at every level
· Competitive pay and benefits that matter, including the time and flexibility for a balanced lifestyle
· A team-oriented environment that thrives on innovation and mischief and time to innovate and geek out on projects you design in support of our products
· A chance to be part of something bigger through time to engage in your community
What You Will Do:
· Lead a team of data engineers while also being an individual contributor to the team
· Be accountable for planning, delivery, operating procedures, design and architectural patterns, and on-time delivery of the NAVEX One platform data
· Help team members grow through mentoring, coaching, 1:1s, performance appraisals, career progression plans and compensation decisions
· Participate in the innovative advancements of our product platform and collaborate with our awesome agile team members
· Promote opportunities for refactoring and identify areas of optimization
· Research and leverage commercial products, libraries and tools that can be used to solve problems
· Participate in design sessions with other engineers, architects and product managers, providing constructive and honest feedback during sprint retrospectives with a team mindset
· Use automation, including continuous integration, automated deployments, automated unit and functional testing
What You Will Need:
· A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or be good enough that we won’t notice through equivalent prior work-related experience
· 6+ years’ software development experience and 2+ years people management experience focusing on career progression, performance appraisals and compensation planning for a cross functional team
· Expert knowledge of data management systems, practices and standards
· Expert analytical and design skills, including the ability to abstract information requirements from real-world processes to understand information flows in computer systems
· Expertise in the fields of data quality, data profiling, data security, Master Data concepts and data migration
· Expertise in both SQL and NoSQL implementations; experience with MySQL
· Experience with SQL profiling, performance tuning and data ingestion into Data Warehouses
· Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills with the ability to identify and influence others on the best solution
· Ability to work well in a team environment and attitude to focus on team specific goals and objectives
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a commitment to engage and collaborate with people across a variety of levels with diverse backgrounds
NAVEX Global is an equal opportunity employer, including disability/vets.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!