It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
As the Director of Product Engineering at NAVEX Global you will provide engineering expertise in support of our corporate strategic direction and development, and be accountable for developing and implementing engineering initiatives within our core product lines. This includes developing, releasing, and maintaining software, processes, policies and procedures that produce high-quality software. This includes products spanning multiple requirement areas, and its technical roadmap comprising architecture, systems and frameworks. Reporting directly to our VP of Product Engineering and leading engineers and architects across the globe, you will refine and drive the execution of our software vision.
We Offer You:
- An organization that is secure, growing and thriving with a reputation that we are proud to say is absolutely second to none
- A workplace experience that is based on our determination to retain you each day and enables you to learn, grow and develop your career, and people dedicated to your success at every level
- Competitive pay with benefits that matter, including the time and flexibility to balance the multiple roles you play in life
What You Will Do:
- Manage a portfolio comprising multiple product lines, hold all parties accountable to meet goals
- Attend weekly sprint planning and provide prioritization guidance to support team with release planning and successful delivery
- Develop and direct procedures and methods to ensure quality standards are met and maintained
- Conduct Design and Code review to ensure the coding standards and requirements are met.
- Communicate project progress or technology concerns to VP of Product Engineering and sakeholders (all-hands share-outs, etc)
- Work in a consultative manner cross functionally as an advisor of technologies that may improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Contribute to the organization's strategy through the evaluation and selection of technologies aligned with corporate standards and appropriate for business need
- Drive the determination of technology-driven product features and capabilities
- Create architecture documentation for software projects, collaborate with software development tema on design, process and schedules
- Direct the creation of specifications, designs, and cost estimates, through application of professionally accepted engineering standards and practices
- Collaborate closely with software product, Cloud Ops, Sales, and Operations teams to develop roadmaps and manage priorities
Leading and Developing a High Performing Management Team:
- Provide strategic and tactical technical leadership to a high performing development team
- Maintain detailed plans for resources on current projects and be accountable for completion of software coding and testing within dates established in plans
- Hire, promote, evaluate, develop and inspire a diverse and highly functional team
- Provide clear individual and team goals that ensure each team member understands their role in the success of NAVEX Global
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- 7-10 years demonstrated experience leading a wide variety of experienced engineers and architects
- Development and Architecture Experience in Microsoft .NET, C# / ASP.NET, Visual Studio, MS SQL, Web Services
- Ability to white-board and problem solve with Technical staff.
- Experience with managing agile development teams and processes.
- Skilled with change management, process improvement and project management.
- Strong capability to communicate effectively with non technical personnel and build consensus among different groups with competing demands.
- Experience planning for the future, keeping abreast of new trends and technologies while managing day-to-day projects.
NAVEX Global is an equal opportunity employer, including disability/vets.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!