It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
As one of our key technology leaders, you will provide engineering expertise in support of our corporate strategic direction and development, and be accountable for developing and implementing engineering initiatives within our core product lines. Reporting directly to our VP of Product Engineering and leading more than 60 outstanding engineers and architects across the globe, you will refine and drive the execution of our software vision.
As a Director of Software Development you will provide leadership on all aspects of the development activities, personnel, and teams locally and remote. This includes developing, releasing, and maintaining software, processes, policies and procedures that produce high-quality software. Provide strategic and tactical technical leadership. This includes products spanning multiple requirement areas, and its technical roadmp comprising architecture, systems and frameworks.
We Offer You:
- An organization that is secure, growing and thriving with a reputation that we are proud to say is absolutely second to none
- A workplace experience that is based on our determination to retain you each day and enables you to learn, grow and develop your career, and people dedicated to your success at every level
- Competitive pay with benefits that matter, including the time and flexibility to balance the multiple roles you play in life
What You Will Do:
- Accountable for a portfolio comprising multiple product lines
- Develop first line of leadership to lead individual products and applications
- Responsible for software development team processes and schedules
- Develop and direct procedures and methods to ensure quality standards are met and maintained
- Provide leadership in identifying and presenting technology concerns to the company leadership team and VP of Product Engineering
- Work in a consultative manner with other department leadership as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness
- Develop methods to continually improve results
- Contribute to the organization's strategy through the evaluation and selection of technologies aligned with corporate standards and appropriate for business need
- Drive the determination of technology-driven product features and capabilities
- Create architecture documentation for software projects and collaborate with software developers in design
- Create and manage technical risk assessments for software projects
- Stay abreast of new technologies, techniques, and trends and brings those that are applicable to the business
- Participate and contribute to the annual budgeting process
- Direct the creation of specifications, designs, and cost estimates, through application of professionally accepted engineering standards and practices
Leading and Developing a High Performing Management Team:
- Supervise, assign, direct, and coordinate the work of the software development staff
- Maintain detailed plans for resources on current projects and be accountable for completion of software coding and testing within dates established in plans
- Hire, promote, and evaluate staff
- Maintains career development plans for development staff
- Hire, promote and evaluate diverse and highly functional teams and team leaders across NAVEX Global
- Provide clear individual and team goals that ensure each team member understands their role in the success of NAVEX Global; make changes when necessary and proactively address performance issues
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field. Advanced degree desirable.
- 7-10 years demonstrated experience leading a wide variety of experienced engineers and architects.
- Experience working at a management level of a development organization for at least 5 years.
- A successful track record inspiring and developing large teams.
- Experience with managing agile development teams and processes.
- Skilled with change management, process improvement and project management.
- Ability to build consensus among different groups with competing demands.
- Experienced planning for the future, keeping abreast of new trends and technologies while managing day-to-day projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a commitment to collaborate with people.
- Experience engaging with people across a variety of levels with diverse backgrounds.
- A commitment to do the right things right.
NAVEX Global is an equal opportunity employer, including disability/vets.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!