Job Title: Director, Product Engineering
VP, Product Engineering
Full Time, Exempt
As one of our key technology leaders, you will provide engineering expertise in support of our corporate strategic direction and development, and be accountable for developing and implementing engineering initiatives within our core product lines. Reporting directly to our VP of Product Engineering and leading more than 60 outstanding engineers and architects across the globe, you will refine and drive the execution of our software vision.
In This Role You Will Often:
- Manage software development team process and schedules
- Develop and direct procedures and methods to ensure quality standards are met and maintained
- Provide leadership in identifying and presenting technology concerns to the company leadership team and VP of Product Engineering
- Work in a consultative manner with other department leadership as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness
- Develop methods to continually improve results
- Contribute to the organization's strategy through the evaluation and selection of technologies aligned with corporate standards and appropriate for business need
- Drive the determination of technology-driven product features and capabilities
- Create architecture documentation for software projects and collaborate with software developers in design
- Create and manage technical risk assessments for software projects
- Stay abreast of new technologies, techniques, and trends and brings those that are applicable to the business
- Participate and contribute to the annual budgeting process
- Direct the creation of specifications, designs, and cost estimates, through application of professionally accepted engineering standards and practices
Leading and Developing People:
- Supervise, assign, direct, and coordinate the work of the software development staff
- Maintain detailed plans for resources on current projects and be accountable for completion of software coding and testing within dates established in plans
- Hire, promote, and evaluate staff
- Maintains career development plans for development staff
- Hire, promote and evaluate diverse and highly functional teams and team leaders across NAVEX Global
- Provide clear individual and team goals that ensure each team member understands their role in the success of NAVEX Global; make changes when necessary and proactively address performance issues
This Job Might Be For You If You Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field. Advanced degree desirable.
- 7-10 years demonstrated experience leading a wide variety of experienced engineers and architects.
- Experience working at a management level of a development organization for at least 5 years.
- A successful track record inspiring and developing large teams.
- Experience with managing agile development teams and processes.
- Skilled with change management, process improvement and project management.
- Ability to build consensus among different groups with competing demands.
- Experienced planning for the future, keeping abreast of new trends and technologies while managing day-to-day projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a commitment to collaborate with people.
- Experience engaging with people across a variety of levels with diverse backgrounds.
- A commitment to do the right things right.
Life at NAVEX:
In addition to changing the way people experience life at work and supporting organizations on their way to achieving their goals through our innovative products and services, we are committed to doing the right things right!
We believe gratitude and grace go hand in hand and that how we engage with and support each other should matter as much as the care we extend to our amazing clients. We also believe that we have the opportunity to influence the experience we have in the workplace and can make a difference through what we do and how we do it. Together we are strengthened by our organizational values and attributes, and energized by our potential. Your ability to serve others, uphold our code of conduct and workplace practices, and model our core values and attributes will be at the center of your success!
After successfully passing a background check, you can expect a fast paced, changing environment that includes frequent deadlines and the need to multi-task competing priorities each day. You can anticipate extensive use of a computer, (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint), phone, and high volumes of email. You should expect to consistently apply your strong English fluency when speaking with others, reading work related materials, and creating written correspondence.
Bottom line, our team believes you can experience incredible growth and have one of the most meaningful experiences in your career at NAVEX Global. We compete for the best talent, offer a competitive salary, and a great benefits package in addition to the excitement of joining a team on a mission to build a phenomenal company.
About NAVEX Global:
NAVEX Global’s comprehensive suite of ethics and compliance software, content and services helps organizations protect their people, reputation and bottom line. Trusted by 95 of the FORTUNE 100 and more than 12,500 clients, our solutions are informed by the largest ethics and compliance community in the world. For more information, visit www.navexglobal.com.
NAVEX Global is an equal opportunity employer, employing qualified individuals based upon job related qualifications regardless of race, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition, political affiliation or any other classification proscribed under applicable federal, state or local law. NAVEX Global complies with all laws regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled candidates and employees. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the interview process are requested to contact Human Resources in order to arrange such accommodation. We offer competitive compensation and an attractive benefits package. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract.
NAVEX Global values diversity and encourages women, vets, minorities and those with disabilities to apply. For this reason, we invite you to self-identify below. Know the information you choose to disclose is confidential and minted by the Human Resources Team for reporting purposes only; the hiring manager for your position does not have access to this information.
Thank you for your consideration to self-identify.