Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Lead DevOps Engineer, Product Engineering
Full Time, Exempt
At NAVEX Global you will join our DevOps team that shares a passion for writing great code, embracing new technologies and automating everything they can. As a Devops Engineer you will have ample opportunity to automate build, deployment, and infrastructure; research new technologies, and grow your career all while balancing your life priorities.
In This Role You Will Often:
- Write scripts to automate the provisioning and maintenance of systems in Hyper-V and AWS.
- Work in an agile development environment, collaborating with Product Engineering, IT Operations, and other DevOps engineers.
- Manage and administer development tools – GitHub, TeamCity, Octopus, Git, etc.
- Build deployment automation workflows to deploy our software.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve problems with the build, deployment, continuous integration and continuous deployment processes.
- Take ownership of development environments and manage our configurations.
- Document processes and maintain detailed notes for audit purposes.
- Be able to creatively bring value and innovation to assignments.
- Drive release-related activities to get software from Code Complete to Deployed to production.
- Collaborate with scrum team members during sprint planning and daily standups.
- Share your accomplishments during sprint reviews.
- Provide constructive and honest feedback during sprint retrospectives.
- Mingle with colleagues from other departments during our monthly breakfasts or lunches.
This Job Might Be For You If You:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Have at least 1 year of DevOps experience with at least 2 – 3 years of development experience.
- Have a passion for Continuous Integration and Automating manual work.
- Have an ability to understand complex system configurations and drive simplification to increase supportability.
- Have solid experience in at least one programming or scripting language (Powershell, bash, C, C++, C#, Java, etc.).
- Have a solid understanding of source control tools such as Git, GitHub, TFS etc.
- Are an excellent team player with strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Are enthusiastic about collaborative problem solving.
- Have an eagerness to solve challenging problems and a love of learning and trying new things.
- Are a motivated individual with the ability to learn and come up to speed on new technologies quickly.
- Enjoy the satisfaction of knowing that the products you build are having a positive ethical impact.
Additional skills that would be of value (or skills you are interested in learning):
- Demonstrated work or personal experience as a programmer.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Experience with deployment orchestration tools such as Octopus, XebiaLabs or similar tools.
- Experience administering and supporting Windows and Linux servers.
- Experience with system automation technologies (Powershell DSC, Puppet, Chef, etc.).
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools (TeamCity, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience with database technologies such as SQL Server.
- Experience with virtualization technologies (Hyper-V).
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience setting up and maintaining build processes, deploying code bases to multiple environments and managing releases and configurations.
- Experience working in n-tier and Software as a Service environments.
- Experience working with development tools such as version control, defect tracking and build management.
Life at NAVEX:
In addition to changing the way people experience life at work and supporting organizations on their way to achieving their goals through our innovative products and services, we are committed to doing the right things right!
We believe gratitude and grace go hand in hand and that how we engage with and support each other should matter as much as the care we extend to our amazing clients. We also believe that we have the opportunity to influence the experience we have in the workplace and can make a difference through what we do and how we do it. Together we are strengthened by our organizational values and attributes, and energized by our potential. Your ability to serve others, uphold our code of conduct and workplace practices, and model our core values and attributes will be at the center of your success!
After successfully passing a background check, you can expect a fast paced, changing environment that includes frequent deadlines and the need to multi-task competing priorities each day. You can anticipate extensive use of a computer, (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint), phone, and high volumes of email. You should expect to consistently apply your strong English fluency when speaking with others, reading work related materials, and creating written correspondence.
Bottom line, our team believes you can experience incredible growth and have one of the most meaningful experiences in your career at NAVEX Global. We compete for the best talent, offer a competitive salary, and a great benefits package in addition to the excitement of joining a team on a mission to build a phenomenal company.
About NAVEX Global, Inc.
NAVEX Global’s comprehensive suite of ethics and compliance software, content and services helps organizations protect their people, reputation and bottom line. Trusted by 96 of the FORTUNE 100 and more than 12,500 clients, our solutions are informed by the largest ethics and compliance community in the world. For more information, visit www.navexglobal.com.
NAVEX Global is an equal opportunity employer, employing qualified individuals based upon job related qualifications regardless of race, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition, political affiliation or any other classification proscribed under applicable federal, state or local law. NAVEX Global complies with all laws regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled candidates and employees. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the interview process are requested to contact Human Resources in order to arrange such accommodation. We offer competitive compensation and an attractive benefits package. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract.
NAVEX Global values diversity and encourages women, vets, minorities and those with disabilities to apply. For this reason, we invite you to self-identify below. Know the information you choose to disclose is confidential and minted by the Human Resources Team for reporting purposes only; the hiring manager for your position does not have access to this information.
Thank you for your consideration to self-identify.