Job Title: Counsel
Implementation - Migration Services
Lake Oswego, OR
DTE, Full Time, Exempt
As Migrations Counsel you will partner with our Legal, Sales and Migrations Teams and work closely with our clients during their migration from one of our platforms to another, to deliver outstanding legal services. Your work will directly influence our revenue achievement and the overall positive experience we insist our clients have with us as an organization. This role is a defined term role and is expected to last through 2020 with the potential to be extended, as needed. Once trained, a successful candidate in this role would be positively viewed for any permanent position within the Legal Department should one arise during their tenure.
In This Role You Will Often:
- Create, review and distribute contracts and associated modifications.
- Negotiate various contractual provisions.
- Research and analyze contract provisions and draft conclusions, as needed.
- Identify issues and trends, and recommend appropriate follow up.
This Job Might Be For You If You Have:
- J.D., licensed to practice in Oregon (or eligible for reciprocity).
- 0-3 years’ general legal experience with an interest in drafting, reviewing and negotiation. Applicants who are just starting their legal practice or who are more experienced in a different area of the law will be considered.
- A proven track record of effectively planning and organizing projects within tight deadlines.
- The ability and desire to establish and maintain effective business relationships.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- The ability to evaluate and interpret policies and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a commitment to collaborate with people.
- Experience engaging with people across a variety of levels with diverse backgrounds.
- The ability to work independently and as a team member to support departmental goals.
- Skilled with change management and process improvement.
- ADR or other conflict resolution training beneficial.
- A commitment to do the right things right.
Life at NAVEX:
In addition to changing the way people experience life at work and supporting organizations on their way to achieving their goals through our innovative products and services, we are committed to doing the right things right!
We believe gratitude and grace go hand in hand and that how we engage with and support each other should matter as much as the care we extend to our amazing clients. We also believe that we have the opportunity to influence the experience we have in the workplace and can make a difference through what we do and how we do it. Together we are strengthened by our organizational values and attributes, and energized by our potential. Your ability to serve others, uphold our code of conduct and workplace practices, and model our core values and attributes will be at the center of your success!
After successfully passing a background check, you can expect a fast paced, changing environment that includes frequent deadlines and the need to multi-task competing priorities each day. You can anticipate extensive use of a computer, (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint), phone, and high volumes of email. You should expect to consistently apply your strong English fluency when speaking with others, reading work related materials, and creating written correspondence.
Bottom line, our team believes you can experience incredible growth and have one of the most meaningful experiences in your career at NAVEX Global. We compete for the best talent, offer a competitive salary, and a great benefits package in addition to the excitement of joining a team on a mission to build a phenomenal company.
About NAVEX Global:
NAVEX Global’s comprehensive suite of ethics and compliance software, content and services helps organizations protect their people, reputation and bottom line. Trusted by 95 of the FORTUNE 100 and more than 12,500 clients, our solutions are informed by the largest ethics and compliance community in the world. For more information, visit www.navexglobal.com.
Diversity and Inclusion:
NAVEX Global strives to understand, value, and incorporate the differences each team member brings to our organization. We believe that diversity and inclusion are key drivers behind our core values, allowing us to continue to realize success. Our global customer standards require us to attract and retain the best talent and to find great talent, we must look across a variety of spectrums. We understand that differences in age, race, religion, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style, veteran’s status, and background strengthens not only our workplace culture, but our ability to connect with people around the world. Our team members have the right to expect a workplace in which the differences they bring are welcomed and valued each day. NAVEX Global is proud to celebrate the diversity of our team and champions an environment where authenticity and respect are at the forefront of how we engage with each other.
NAVEX Global hires people based upon job related qualifications regardless of race, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition, political affiliation or any other classification proscribed under applicable federal, state or local law. NAVEX Global encourages women, vets, minorities and those with disabilities to apply for any of our great opportunities. Your decision to self-identify through our application is one of several steps NAVEX Global uses to measure and advance diversity and inclusion within our workplace. (Please note your confidential information will be accessible only by appropriate members of NAVEX Global’s Human Resources Team.)
Request for Accommodation:
If you are interested in applying for an opportunity with our team and would like assistance or an accommodation to use our application, we want to help! Please let us know the nature or your request by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (800) 230-1421 and request to speak with a member of our Recruiting Team.