Job Title: Content Writer/Developer
Lake Oswego, OR
Sr. Content Marketing Mgr.
Full Time, Exempt
The Content Writer/Developer will create compelling marketing content and copy (email marketing copy, web copy, etc.) for use on digital channels and platforms. The ideal candidate will have a strong disposition for writing and be proficient at conceptualizing, developing and producing content that translates complex ethics and compliance concepts into authoritative yet consumer-friendly language. Content development may also include audio / video scripting writing and production. This right individual will be able to manage content creation projects from start to finish, optimize content tone/voice/format appropriately for unique distribution channels, align to brand standards and have a strong track record for developing effective marketing and e-mail copy.
This position’s principal internal client will be the NAVEX Global Demand Generation team, with the objective to drive customer/prospect interest, leads and ultimately generate sales. The ideal candidate will have a penchant for keeping pace with industry trends, and have a passion for being an expert in the field. Finally, the candidate should be comfortable collaborating across marketing teams such as: design, product, demand generation and operations to ensure highest quality output, brand consistency and cost efficiency.
In This Role You Will Often:
- Regularly produce various content types for online and offline consumption including emails, one-pagers, web copy, e-books, social media posts, etc.
- Think creatively to develop innovative ways to engage digital audiences, with a focus on customer (installed base) marketing messaging
- Work with Sr. Content Manager and Demand Gen client(s) to support specific initiatives including newly planned customer marketing campaigns
- Work with product marketing to lead the creation of product/platform collateral to ensure it is up-to-date, consistent and best demonstrates our products and services
- Edit marketing content produced cross-departmentally ensuring consistent brand voice
- Own best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style
- Employ best practices for SEO and UX to maximize exposure and engagement of digital assets
- Effectively use data-driven insights to test, refine and prove content performance
- Manage workflow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content
- Conduct periodic competitive content audits
- Help maintain the overall NG content calendar (under the direction of Sr. Content Manager)
Success criteria include:
- Supporting campaigns that meet lead gen targets and other objectives
- Positive brand recognition and consistency across chosen published channels
- An increase in defined engagement metrics (measured by users taking the desired action, i.e., conversions, opens, subscriptions, etc.)
- Contribute to increases in key search engine keyword rankings
- Cadence of content publication through various channels (blog, social media groups, etc.)
This Job Might Be For You If You Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, English, Journalism, Public Relations or related field.
- 3-5+ years of experience in multichannel content creation
- Experience with creating compelling messages for both technical and non-technical
- audiences about technology benefits
- Expertise in all major business software applications (Microsoft Office, etc.).
- Proven editorial skills. Outstanding command of the English language.
- Training in how to tell a story using words, images, or audio, and an understanding of
- how to create content that draws an audience, bringing in an outsider’s perspective.
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines working with
- senior leaders and SMEs.
- Basic technical understanding of HTML and web publishing applications.
- Basic social media skills and appetite to learn more
- Experiencing with maintaining content management systems and corporate intranets a
Life at NAVEX:
In addition to changing the way people experience life at work and supporting organizations on their way to achieving their goals through our innovative products and services, we are committed to doing the right things right!
We believe gratitude and grace go hand in hand and that how we engage with and support each other should matter as much as the care we extend to our amazing clients. We also believe that we have the opportunity to influence the experience we have in the workplace and can make a difference through what we do and how we do it. Together we are strengthened by our organizational values and attributes, and energized by our potential. Your ability to serve others, uphold our code of conduct and workplace practices, and model our core values and attributes will be at the center of your success!
After successfully passing a background check, you can expect a fast paced, changing environment that includes frequent deadlines and the need to multi-task competing priorities each day. You can anticipate extensive use of a computer, (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint), phone, and high volumes of email. You should expect to consistently apply your strong English fluency when speaking with others, reading work related materials, and creating written correspondence.
Bottom line, our team believes you can experience incredible growth and have one of the most meaningful experiences in your career at NAVEX Global. We compete for the best talent, offer a competitive salary, and a great benefits package in addition to the excitement of joining a team on a mission to build a phenomenal company.
About NAVEX Global:
NAVEX Global’s comprehensive suite of ethics and compliance software, content and services helps organizations protect their people, reputation and bottom line. Trusted by 95 of the FORTUNE 100 and more than 12,500 clients, our solutions are informed by the largest ethics and compliance community in the world. For more information, visit www.navexglobal.com.
NAVEX Global is an equal opportunity employer, employing qualified individuals based upon job related qualifications regardless of race, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition, political affiliation or any other classification proscribed under applicable federal, state or local law. NAVEX Global complies with all laws regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled candidates and employees. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the interview process are requested to contact Human Resources in order to arrange such accommodation. We offer competitive compensation and an attractive benefits package. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract.
NAVEX Global values diversity and encourages women, vets, minorities and those with disabilities to apply. For this reason, we invite you to self-identify below. Know the information you choose to disclose is confidential and minted by the Human Resources Team for reporting purposes only; the hiring manager for your position does not have access to this information.
Thank you for your consideration to self-identify.