Online Training: Workplace Harassment Course Overview
The Trusted Leader in Harassment Prevention Training for Over a Decade
The stakes are high. Lapses in legal and ethical workplace behavior are making headlines nearly every day, and litigation is on the increase across all quarters. Harassment and abusive conduct are still rampant in the workplace, costing employers billions of dollars each year in lawsuits, employee turnover and lost productivity.
- 20% of respondents to a recent HuffPost/YouGov poll reported they had been sexually harassed at work
- 27% of respondents to a Workplace Bullying Institute poll responded they have current or past experience with abusive conduct at work
- According to the EEOC, workplace harassment charges of all types are up 31% over the pre- recession low in 2005
NAVEX Global provides the most-trusted training in the industry. Why choose NAVEX’s Workplace Harassment training?
- Trusted Experts, Deep Expertise: Our Workplace Harassment course is built by our Advisory Services team in collaboration with Littler, the world’s largest global employment and labor law practice, and endorsed by SHRM, the world’s largest professional organization for HR professionals.
- Rock Solid Defensibility: Our course is legally engineered to meet the demanding training requirements in states like California (AB 1825 & AB 2053), Maine and Connecticut, and withstand intense courtroom scrutiny. Our clients rely on our course to help build critical legal defenses under state and federal law, and create more respectful workplaces for their employees.
- Engaging, Contemporary Content and Formats that Inspire Ethical Behavior: Our course includes innovative design features, relevant story-telling formats and unmatched quality. In our latest course version, we introduce a brand new talk-show format for all learners, and managers’ skills are put to the test in a harassment-themed gaming format called “Compliance City.” With extensive interactive exercises, and the highest quality scenarios and experiences, your learners will be engaged from the beginning to end.
Mitigate Your Risk With The Industry's Leading Workplace Harassment Course
Harassment training is one of the most important compliance training investments your organization makes. Join the thousands of organizations who rely on NAVEX Global’s Workplace Harassment training course as a key component of an effective ethics and compliance program. Choose the gold standard.
Harassment @ Work: A Talk Show for All Learners
Three hosts guide learners through contemporary harassment issues, challenging assumptions and misconceptions and keeping learners actively engaged in the training. They cover important lessons such as:
- What constitutes prohibited harassment and retaliation under policy and the law?
- What different forms can harassment take?
- What constitutes abusive conduct and how do you deal with it?
- What are emerging forms of harassment to be aware of?
- The ethical duty to report and how to make a report
- How to prevent harassment and retaliation
- The importance of contributing to a culture of ethics and respect at work
Compliance City: A Special Game Designed For Managers
Managers are immersed in a realistic work environment where their skills are put to the test. Managers must pay close attention to a wide variety of harassment-based scenarios and engage with interactive exercises to progress through the game. Some of the many critical lessons include:
- The manager’s role in spotting, addressing and preventing harassment and retaliation—whether in person or online
- How to identify and address abusive conduct (ensuring compliance with California AB 2053)
- Proper techniques for receiving complaints, including complaints from reluctant and/or chronic reporters
- When to engage with organizational allies such as HR and senior management
- Investigation basics and the importance of confidentiality
- Risks associated with workplace dating
- Best practice techniques for managing employees who have complained
- Available remedies under law
- Strategies for addressing and preventing misconduct and harassment your organization
Tackling Important Emerging Trends
Because our course is regularly updated, it reflects contemporary issues and emerging trends, and provides learners with practical tips designed to help them navigate the modern workplace. Some of the emerging trends covered in this course include:
- Intersection of social media and workplace romance
- Abusive conduct and bullying
- Harassment of veterans
- Harassment related to sexual orientation and gender identity
- Third party harassment and offensive stereotyping
- High – Full video/audio
- Medium – Still images with audio
- Low – Still images, text only Hosting Options
- Host on our robust and scalable Learning Management System
- Host on your own standards compliant Learning Management System (AICC and SCORM) Mobile Support
- This course is supported on most mobile tablet devices
- Feature your logo and color scheme
- Include your company policies and confirm receipt via electronic certification
- Include question and reporting features
- Include a multimedia introduction and conclusion from a senior leader in your organization
- Custom completion certificate
- Optional Q&A exercises and/or “Spotlight” screens to highlight your unique policies and procedures
- Optional Policy in Action™ tool ensures your learners interact with and answer <span style="\line-height:" 1.5em;\"="">questions about your organization’s policies harassment policies
About NAVEX Global, Inc.
NAVEX Global’s comprehensive suite of ethics and compliance software, content and services helps organizations protect their people, reputation and bottom line. Trusted by 95 of the FORTUNE 100 and more than 12,500 clients, our solutions are informed by the largest ethics and compliance community in the world.