Online Training: Whistleblowing, Reporting & Retaliation Course Overview
Online Training Curriculum
Mitigate skyrocketing whistleblower and retaliation risk
NAVEX Global’s Whistleblowing, Reporting and Retaliation course teaches employees why they should report complaints internally, and educates managers on how to properly handle complaints. Learners explore your organisation’s specific reporting procedures, the obligation to speak up and the rules against retaliation.
New laws and recent cases have changed both the breadth and scope of whistleblower protections and retaliation claims. Dodd-Frank’s controversial bounty hunter programme threatens internal reporting systems, incenting employees to report directly to the government. The U.S. Supreme Court has been actively expanding retaliation protections, which is already the number one claim filed with the EEOC. Our training course can help your organisation to mitigate these risks and establish powerful legal defenses.
One Course —Three Powerful Training Segments
- High – full video/audio
- Medium – still images with audio
- Low – still images, text only
Course Length Options
- 45-50 min. manager-only course
- Basic 25-30 min. course for both employees and managers
- Host on our robust and scalable LMS
- Host on your own standards-compliant LMS (AICC and SCORM)
- Feature your logo and colors
- Include your policy and confirm receipt via electronic certification
- Include ‘Ask a Question’ and reporting features
- Include a multimedia introduction and conclusion from your key leaders
- Custom completion certificate
- Add your organisation’s custom information to each course segment with a variety of screen options
Whistleblowing, Reporting and Retaliation Basics for Managers & Employees:
- Employer reporting policies and procedures
- The obligation to make an internal report
- What should be reported?
- How to seek advice and guidance
- The benefits of internal reporting
- The protection against retaliation
Whistleblowing, Reporting and Retaliation - Managers Only:
- How to create a work environment that is receptive to reports of suspected misconduct
- How to spot a complaint
- How to properly respond to a complaint
- When to escalate a complaint to an internal resource
- The manager’s role in an internal investigation
- The strict prohibition against retaliation
- Tips for preventing and addressing suspected retaliation
Unmatched Content by Top Legal Experts
Our courseware is exclusively endorsed by the Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM) and the Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) and is vetted by Baker McKenzie, a leading global law firm with extensive compliance and employment law expertise.
About NAVEX Global, Inc.
NAVEX Global’s comprehensive suite of ethics and compliance software, content and services helps organizations protect their people, reputation and bottom line. Trusted by 85% of the FORTUNE 500 and more than 14,000 clients, our solutions are informed by the largest ethics and compliance community in the world.