Online Training: The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act Course Overview
Prevent FCPA violations and establish powerful legal defenses.
As part of our anti-bribery and corruption series, NAVEX Global’s FCPA course focuses on U.S. law, providing your employees and managers with practical guidance about the FCPA as well as your organization’s policies, expectations and reporting procedures.
Through engaging stories and interactive challenges, learners explore how to spot violations and report potential problems. Created in close partnership with top legal experts, FCPA has been meticulously crafted to help your organization build a culture of compliance, avoid violations and establish powerful legal defenses with U.S. enforcement agencies if faced with a corruption scandal.
One Course—Three Powerful Training Formats
- Part One is set as a TV news show that vividly demonstrates the impact of corruption on an organization, as well as broader communities. Learners discover their role in anti-corruption efforts and the importance of conducting business with integrity.
- In Part Two, learners join an interactive news challenge, sharing information, earning rewards and keeping notes along the way. U.S.-based organizations doing business in the U.K. have the option to add a short module on the U.K. Bribery Act.
- Part Three highlights your anti-corruption policies with our innovative Policy in Action™ tool. Learners search your policies to find answers to your custom interactive questions.
- High – video & audio
- Medium – still images & audio
- Low – still images & text only
Course Length Options
- 60 minutes
- 70 minutes with U.K. Bribery Act optional module
- Host on our robust and scalable LMS
- Host on your own standards-compliant LMS (AICC and SCORM)
- Feature your logo and colors
- Include your policy and confirm receipt via electronic certification
- Include “Ask a Question” and reporting features
- Include a multimedia introduction and conclusion from your key leaders
- Custom completion certificate
- Add your organization’s custom information to each course segment with a variety of screen options
Unmatched Content by Top Legal Experts
Our FCPA course was created in close partnership with top legal experts to deliver rock solid content, establish a culture of compliance and integrity, reduce FCPA and policy violations and establish powerful legal defenses.
- Fundamentals of policy and the law
- The impact of corruption on the organization
- The risks associated with improper payments
- Individual employee responsibilities and obligations
- What constitutes a payment or giving something of value
- Who is a foreign official?
- Corrupt intent under the law
- Facilitation payments
- Gifts, entertainment, and other reasonable expenses
- Working with local business agents and business partners
- The importance of doing proper due diligence
- Obligation to maintain books and records
- Common red flags
- Reporting and getting help from internal resources
- Prohibition against retaliation
- Optional summary content on the U.K. Bribery Act
About NAVEX Global, Inc.
NAVEX Global’s comprehensive suite of ethics and compliance software, content and services helps organizations protect their people, reputation and bottom line. Trusted by 95 of the FORTUNE 100 and more than 12,500 clients, our solutions are informed by the largest ethics and compliance community in the world.