Code of Conduct Assessment & Creation
The well-written code is a well-read code
A Code of Conduct is the foundational document of every company’s ethics and compliance program. It must serve many purposes:
- Clearly communicate expected behaviors for employees, and point the way to additional resources when situations are complex, difficult or sensitive.
- Reduce legal liability by addressing the company’s key ethics and compliance risks.
- Represent the company’s commitment to integrity to external constituents.
It is critical for the Code to be written in clear, understandable language appropriate to the industry and employee demographics. It must be consistent with the company’s values, policies and culture, and with the laws in the jurisdictions where the company operates. And the Code needs to be rolled out and communicated in a way that is effective and reasonable.
NAVEX Global’s Advisory Services team have unmatched experience in the assessment and development of codes of conduct.
Our Code of Conduct Service includes:
- Review and assessment of your existing code to evaluate its, scope, readability and effectiveness
- Modify and update your code to ensure it adequately covers all applicable risk areas and is accessible to all levels of employees
- Develop a new code that communicates organizational values, policies and expected behavior
- Create a design and layout for the code that conveys its important and is also user-friendly
- Produce, distribute and coordinate the launch of the code to employees, vendors, agents, board of directors and other stakeholders
- Implement ongoing awareness and education campaigns which drive understanding and compel acceptance and practice
- Create tools to help certify the receipt, understanding and expected compliance with the code by all employees and relevant stakeholders
About NAVEX Global, Inc.
NAVEX Global’s comprehensive suite of ethics and compliance software, content and services helps organizations protect their people, reputation and bottom line. Trusted by 95 of the FORTUNE 100 and more than 12,500 clients, our solutions are informed by the largest ethics and compliance community in the world.