Ethics and Compliance Risk Assessments
An Ethics and Compliance Risk Assessment can cost-effectively evaluate the ethics and compliance risks specific to your organization, industry or region, whether you currently have a program in place or not.
To identify and prioritize risks, NAVEX Global’s Advisory Services Team examines the following questions:
- What are our major risks, including those that are the most likely to occur based on the company’s history, industry, region and regulatory environment?
- What employees (by function, level, business unit or location) are most likely to expose us to these risks?
- How effective are our mitigation efforts in our primary risk areas?
- How do we prioritize our mitigation efforts given that we have many risks and finite resources?
Utilizing in-person interviews, focus groups and surveys, our Expert Advisors:
- Research and evaluate your ethics, reputational and compliance risks;
- Identify the relevant laws, rules and industry standards with which you must comply; and
- Execute a high-level review of your ethics and compliance risk mitigation efforts, focusing on policies, practices and processes and documents.
An Ethics and Compliance Risk Assessment alerts you to the possible frequency and magnitude of your risks. You will receive a prioritized, forward-looking ethics and compliance plan guiding you on how to address the risks that are unique to your industry, region and organization. Our action plans will provide you with the steps to take to address and remedy gaps.
Sample list of risks
While each company confronts different risks, the following list is a sample starting point for our risk assessments:
- Conflicts of Interest--Organizational
- Conflicts of Interest--Individual
- Bribery and Corruption
- Supplier Practices
- Competition Law
- Sales and Marketing
- Confidential Information/IP
- Insider Trading
- Data Privacy
- Government Relations and Contracting
- Product Quality and Safety
- Political Activity
- Export Control
- Employment Law and Policy
- Employee Health and Safety
- Misuse of Company Resources
- Money Laundering
NAVEX Global also offers:
About NAVEX Global, Inc.
NAVEX Global’s comprehensive suite of ethics and compliance software, content and services helps organizations protect their people, reputation and bottom line. Trusted by 95 of the FORTUNE 100 and more than 12,500 clients, our solutions are informed by the largest ethics and compliance community in the world.