Online Training: Whistleblowing, Reporting & Retaliation Course Overview
Mitigate skyrocketing whistleblower and retaliation risk
NAVEX Global’s Whistleblowing, Reporting and Retaliation course teaches employees why they should report complaints internally, and educates managers on how to properly handle complaints. Learners explore your organization’s specific reporting procedures, the obligation to speak up and the rules against retaliation.
New laws and recent cases have changed both the breadth and scope of whistleblower protections and retaliation claims. Dodd-Frank’s controversial bounty hunter program threatens internal reporting systems, incenting employees to report directly to the government. The U.S. Supreme Court has been actively expanding retaliation protections, which is already the number one claim filed with the EEOC. Our training course can help your organization to mitigate these risks and establish powerful legal defenses.
One Course —Three Powerful Training Segments
- Part One educates managers and employees on the importance of making an internal complaint. Delivered in a familiar television news show format, this section puts lessons into a vivid, real-world context, teaching employees how and when to speak up, and about the rules against retaliation.
- In Part Two, managers will explore their special responsibilities with an interactive news challenge, sharing information, earning rewards and keeping notes along the way. Managers learn how to spot and properly respond to a complaint, and how to prevent and address suspected retaliation.
- Part Three highlights your whistleblower and retaliation policies with our innovative Policy in Action™ tool. Learners search your policies to find answers to your custom interactive questions.
- High – full video/audio
- Medium – still images with audio
- Low – still images, text only
Course Length Options
- 45-50 min. manager-only course
- Basic 25-30 min. course for both employees and managers
- Host on our robust and scalable LMS
- Host on your own standards-compliant LMS (AICC and SCORM)
- Feature your logo and colors
- Include your policy and confirm receipt via electronic certification
- Include ‘Ask a Question’ and reporting features
- Include a multimedia introduction and conclusion from your key leaders
- Custom completion certificate
- Add your organization’s custom information to each course segment with a variety of screen options
Whistleblowing, Reporting and Retaliation Basics for Managers & Employees:
- Employer reporting policies and procedures
- The obligation to make an internal report
- What should be reported?
- How to seek advice and guidance
- The benefits of internal reporting
- The protection against retaliation
Whistleblowing, Reporting and Retaliation - Managers Only:
- How to create a work environment that is receptive to reports of suspected misconduct
- How to spot a complaint
- How to properly respond to a complaint
- When to escalate a complaint to an internal resource
- The manager’s role in an internal investigation
- The strict prohibition against retaliation
- Tips for preventing and addressing suspected retaliation
Unmatched Content by Top Legal Experts
Our courseware is built on the experience of more than 800 attorneys at Littler, the world’s largest employment law firm. Developed in close partnership with their Whistleblowing & Retaliation Practice Group, every element of our training is crafted to deliver rock solid legal content, meaningfully impact employee behavior, address the latest trends, create powerful legal defenses and withstand intense courtroom scrutiny.
About NAVEX Global, Inc.
NAVEX Global’s comprehensive suite of ethics and compliance software, content and services helps organizations protect their people, reputation and bottom line. Trusted by 95 of the FORTUNE 100 and more than 12,500 clients, our solutions are informed by the largest ethics and compliance community in the world.