Get a tour through our 2016 Training Benchmark Report survey findings during our free webinar on Wednesday, July 27
In recent years, ethics and compliance training programs have become part of the fabric most of the world’s successful organizations. With that in mind, our third Benchmark Training Report, set for release on July 27, seeks to provide some clarity about whether those programs are advancing, or at least maturing—and what kind of results they are producing.
We’ll release the survey findings during our free webinar tomorrow (register here today), along with some practical recommendations from our team of ethics and compliance experts. Here’s a quick preview of this year’s results.
- Advanced and Maturing Programs are More Effective: About 60 percent of organizations described their compliance training program as, based on criteria provided to survey respondents, as either “advanced” or “maturing.” The remaining 40 percent were in the “basic” or “reactive” category. Organizations further along the maturity curve also reported significantly better results in terms of the health of their organizational culture, improved morale and higher trust in leadership.
- Culture Continues to Be the Top Objective: Seventy percent of respondents put “creating a culture of ethics and respect” among their top three objectives, with 45 percent picking it as their top choice. This has been consistent with results from our reports from the last two years.
- Board Training Still Lagging Behind: Despite their high level of responsibility and access to sensitive information, more than 40 percent of organizations don’t offer training to board members, and only 20 percent offer training to new directors.
Please join us for the upcoming webinar, where we’ll take you through all of our survey findings—and answer questions about top ethics and compliance training challenges. Register today!